Many people have asked what to look out for in terms of accessibility and inaccessibility for music venues. Here are some suggestions (don’t worry if you can answer these all, that’s ok!):
- There are never too many details!
- Look out for any kind of steps, even if it’s just 1 to get into the venue itself.
- No need to measure the stairs but if the stairs do things like turn or seem steep it’s worth noting.
- Even if there are stairs, are there railings? Which side? Is it a sturdy railing?
- Is the stage a tall stage? Could you sit down in a mobility device i.e. wheelchair and not have to look up